WW2 era Calgary Highland Collar Badge.
|Shipping:||Canada: $4.00||International: $4.00|
|Insurance:||Canada/US: $12.00||International: $30.00|
|If insurance is declined the buyer takes all responsibility for damage or loss in shipping.|
Enter an address to purchase this product
History: On 1 April 1910 the regiment was raised as the 103rd Regiment "Calgary Rifles". In 1914 the 103rd contributed men to several battalions of the Canadian Expeditionary Force, most notably the 10th Battalion, CEF. The 103rd also officially perpetuates the 56th and 82nd Battalions, CEF. The 10th Battalion officially disbanded in 1920. The regiment was reorganized on 15 March 1920 as two separate regiments, The Alberta Regiment (now The South Alberta Light Horse) and The Calgary Regiment as part of the Otter Committee reorganizations. On 15 May 1924 The Calgary Regiment was again reorganized and split into two separate regiments, The Calgary Regiment (now The King's Own Calgary Regiment) and The Calgary Highlanders. On 15 September 1921 The Calgary Regiment divided into six battalions, the 1st Battalion became the 1st Battalion, Calgary Highlanders, The Calgary Regiment. The 2nd Battalion, The Calgary Regiment later became the King's Own Calgary Regiment. The 3rd, 4th and 5th battalions were paper units that were never formed; they disbanded in the 1936 reorganizations of the Militia. On 15 May 1924, The Calgary Regiment reorganized as separate regiments.