1924-1939 Kings Canadian Hussars Collar Badge (lot#2)
|Shipping:||Canada: $4.00||International: $4.00|
|Insurance:||Canada/US: $12.00||International: $30.00|
|If insurance is declined the buyer takes all responsibility for damage or loss in shipping.|
You are viewing a rather large collar for the Kings Canadian Hussars. This badge is made of brass with both original lugs intact and in good order. An excellent example of this near 100 year old specimen.
In 1880, regimental headquarters moved to London, where it has remained to this day. The 1st Regiment of Cavalry was re-designated the 1st Regiment of Cavalry Hussars in 1888, and 1st Hussars in 1892. In 1896 and 1897, the remaining four troops' numbered designations were replaced with letters and the troops were renamed as squadrons. In February 1905, the regiment moved into the newly built London Armouries at the corner of Dundas and Waterloo Streets, which it used until 1977. By 1913, 'A' Squadron had moved to London from St. Thomas, 'C' Squadron had moved from Mooretown to Courtright, where it was disbanded, and 'D' Squadron had moved from Kingsville to Amherstburg, where it was renamed 'C' Squadron after the disbandment of the Courtright squadron...